This talk will focus on designing infrastructure-as-code modules that are maintainable and extensible.
We’ll cover important topics like:
- all module registries are a dumpster fire
- handling different lifecycles between related resources
- managing env parity when scale differs
- use-case-specific modules
- designing inputs, outputs, and locals to minimize developer overhead and maximize encapsulating expertise
The talk will use OpenTofu/Terraform to illustrate but applies to other IaC tools like Pulumi and Crossplane.
OBJECTIVES: Introduce developers to writing infrastructure as code that is easy to maintain and extends as their systems evolve.
AUDIENCE: Developers that use cloud services and may or may not have experience with Terraform/Pulumi/OpenTofu